2017 Adblock Report
Submit the form below to get a copy of the PageFair 2017 Adblock Report:
PageFair is pleased to release our 2017 adblock report. The state of the blocked web presents a combined picture of desktop and mobile adblock usage for the first time.
Mobile adblock usage is growing explosively in Asia and is set to spread to North America and Europe as well. This report also includes the results of our latest survey of adblock users, which used improved screening questions to specifically identify adblock users.
- 615 million devices now use adblock Tweet
- 11% of the global internet population is blocking ads on the web Tweet
- Adblock usage grew 30% globally in 2016 Tweet
- Mobile adblock usage grew by 108 million to reach 380 million devices Tweet
- Desktop adblock usage grew by 34 million to reach 236 million devices Tweet
- 74% of American adblock users say they leave sites with adblock walls Tweet
- 77% of American adblock users willing to view some ad formats Tweet
- Adblock usage is now mainstream across all ages Tweet
- Adblock users prefer standard display ads Tweet
- Adblock users more likely to have bachelor’s degree than average American Tweet