VP of Engineering @ Blockthrough
At Blockthrough, we believe that websites providing valuable content deserve to be able to monetize through advertising. We also believe users shouldn’t be overloaded with annoying ads everywhere they browse online. We’re on a mission to fix online advertising with these principles in mind and we’re looking for bright, ambitious people to help us on our journey!
Our product bridges the gap between an overbearing advertising experience and completely blocking out ads at the expense of the content providers. Through a complex cloud-based system, we use artificial intelligence and real time analysis to determine which ads qualify for an optimal user experience, all in the time it takes for a website to load.
About the Role
We are looking for an inspiring and experienced engineering leader to direct the next phase of technological development as we scale into one of the largest online advertising providers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with our leadership and product teams to set the vision for our engineering goals, technology stack design and development processes.
- Leading the strategic vision of the technology that drives the business
- Responsible for guiding projects from ideation to creation and deployment by driving system and database architectural design decisions and overseeing development.
- Championing engineering and operational excellence, including establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Rolling up your sleeves as necessary to ensure product gets done and shipped – we’re a small team and everyone plays a role as an individual contributor
What You’ll Need:
- BS/MS in CS, Engineering, or other related technical field
- 5 years of experience in ad-tech, or a deep understanding of the software systems and technology that make online advertising work
- Ability to make informed, strategic decisions regarding system architecture and database structure.
- Demonstrated success as a leader in a technical role.
- The ability to inspire and motivate team members to achieve their best.
Benefits & Perks
- Fun and friendly atmosphere with bi-weekly socials and catered lunch and learns.
- Modern office at a trendy co-working space in prime downtown location (Toronto Scale-up Hub).
- Premium employee health and dental benefit plan.
- Flexible work schedule, with flexibility to work from home and outside standard office hours.
- Professional development budget training, conferences, mentorship programs.
- Four weeks paid vacation.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
TO APPLY: The ideal candidate will spend at least 60% of time in system architecture, design and strategic optimization of foundational tech. You will need to know the platform inside and out. If you are interested in being the owner of a complex, high-throughput and low-latency system, let us know why by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org -and attach a resume 🙂