Senior AdTech Engineer
We’re looking for a bright, innovative and growth-minded Senior AdTech Engineer to join us. You’ll be responsible for building and enhancing our product’s core AdTech components. Your role will feature technical challenges and plenty of opportunities to advance our engineering practices.
This is a chance to get involved in the exciting early stages of a fast-growing startup and be invested in shaping the company’s vision and products.
Is the Role a Fit for You?
Our ideal candidate thrives in a flexible work environment. As a natural problem solver, you can anticipate industry changes and customer needs. Wearing multiple hats and adapting to new responsibilities as the company evolves is critical. The Senior AdTech Engineer role emphasizes team collaboration as well as leadership in your areas of expertise.
You’ll find fulfillment in the role if you are enthusiastic about going beyond theoretical concepts to applying your ideas and skills to products changing the very nature of the advertising industry. An entrepreneurial spark is key! Our developers work alongside our business teams in collaborative efforts to capture market opportunities and improve internal operations. If both the challenges and opportunities of the early and growth stages of a business excite you, then you will fit right in!
Your responsibilities will revolve primarily around the enhancement and maintenance of our core ad technology platform. Specifically, this will involve:
- Designing, developing and maintaining integrations with other AdTech platforms
- Designing and developing our header bidder and yield optimization systems
- Being a leader in delivering on highly technical engineering projects
- Providing coaching and mentorship to junior team members
Skills & Qualifications
- 2 or more years as an engineer/developer in the AdTech space
- A minimum of 5 years of broader industry experience working as a true full-stack developer
- Proven track record of designing and building integrations between 3rd party AdTech platforms
- Deep understanding of the AdTech ecosystem, particularly; RTB, SSP, ad serving, ad exchange and header bidding technologies
- Experience working on real-time high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and software engineering best practices and principles
- Extensive experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases and data warehouses (AWS Redshift, PrestoDB)
- Experience with server side programming in Python, Go, or similar languages
- Knowledge of the intricacies of working with different browsers (vendors, versions)
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar engineering field or equivalent experience
Performance & Growth Expectations
We place emphasis on recognizing accomplishments, fulfilling responsibilities, expanding knowledge, and the impact one makes. Your growth path will be primarily yours to define, based on what you hope to achieve. Blockthrough is committed to make the sure you have access to the resources you need for success.
Benefits & Perks
- Fantastic modern office in OneEleven’s Toronto scale-up hub (massive kitchen, free tea and coffee, ping pong, foosball, and Toronto’s most promising fellow startups as neighbours)
- Opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, mentorship programs
- Explore new ideas and challenge yourself to become a thought leader in this space
- Flexibility to work from home and outside standard office hours
- Premium employee health and dental benefit plan
- Be a core contributor and get in on the ground floor of a startup that’s taking off
Blockthrough helps publishers recover the revenue they lose to adblocking without upsetting their users.
We believe in the importance of ad supported media. It’s made the Internet the amazing source of news, entertainment and media it is today. We believe adblocking puts this at risk. Our mission is to, in cooperation with major adblocking technologies, present users with acceptable ads that strike the balance between monetization and intrusion. We are the people keeping ad supported media alive.
We’ve been named a “Top 10 Startup in AdTech” and we work with many of the biggest websites and publishers in the world. Our company is backed by former execs and employees from industry leaders, like Google, AppNexus, Rubicon Project, eBay and more.
Our Commitment to You
We believe in running a company that’s fair, transparent & fun, where everybody on the team feels fulfilled and adequately rewarded for their hard work.
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org