Site Reliability Engineer
We’re out to fix online advertising for everybody, and we’re looking for bright, growth-minded people to join us! Our product helps web publishers recover the revenue they lose to adblocking in a way that respects the user.
We work with some of the biggest publishers in the world, and are backed by former execs and employees from some of the top companies in the space, including Google, AppNexus, Rubicon Project, LiveRamp and more.
This is a chance to get in on the ground floor with an exciting startup with a smart, talented and tight-knit team.
Our ideal candidate is a fast learner who enjoys taking on new challenges, and solving complex problems. The ability to wear multiple hats and adapt to new responsibilities as the company grows is crucial.
We believe in running a company that’s fair, transparent & fun, where teammates feel fulfilled and people at all levels of the organization are adequately rewarded for their hard work. We have a strict no-assholes policy.
Your responsibilities will revolve primarily around deploying and maintaining computer infrastructure for high-volume, high-performance web services processing thousands of requests per second. You’ll be working closely with the rest of the engineering team on these projects, and we’ll be relying on you to work with them to design, implement and test their code on a regular basis. If you’re a strong leader with great communication skills, you will have the opportunity to grow into a management role as the company grows.
Don’t be dissuaded if you’re not familiar with our stack (below); we’re looking first & foremost for world-class engineers to take ownership of a core piece of our product.
- Frontend: Backbone, jQuery, Bootstrap3, C3, D3
- Backend: python 3, django, NodeJS
- Data stores: ElasticSearch, MySQL, Memcached
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Travis-CI
What you’ll do:
- Work as a member of our Engineering team to solve interesting problems in AdTech
- Develop, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot computer infrastructure for web services that process thousands of requests per second
- Design and develop software with scalability, testability and accountability in mind
- Automate operations with off the shelf tools as well as developing new tool chain
- Provide support to different software engineering projects
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Collaborate with our product team to solve problems across the product
- Work from our awesome Toronto office at the OneEleven innovation hub
You’re a great fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in designing and building distributed, high-volume services
- Are familiar with dockerized web services
- Are familiar with Linux, MySQL, git, CI
- Are familiar with the AWS ecosystem, specifically EB, S3, ES, Firehose etc.
- Are comfortable with scripting and automating
- Are a team player and skilled communicator
- Handle constructive criticism positively, and are constantly striving to improve at what you do
- Are committed to excellence in the work you do
- Take operational responsibility for the services you build and maintain
Bonus points if you:
- Have prior experience in the AdTech industry, or have familiarity with online advertising
- Have an understanding of how adblockers works
- Have experience supporting large projects across several teams
- Have contributed to open-source projects
Get in touch with us if you’re interested: firstname.lastname@example.org