At Blockthrough, our mission is to bring about an Internet where publishers and advertisers can build flourishing, sustainable businesses by delivering advertising experiences that respect the user’s choice.
We work with some of the biggest publishers in the world, we’re backed by some of the brightest minds in the industry, and we’re looking for curious and analytical team players who like to win!
Our product restores publishers’ existing monetization technologies for adblock users, in a way that complies with the lighter Acceptable Ads standard, a happy middle ground for users and publishers. Users also have the ability to opt out if they prefer no ads at all.
Through a complex cloud-based system, we use sophisticated algorithms and real-time analysis to determine which ads qualify for an optimal user experience, all in the time it takes for a website to load. We process vast numbers of requests, processing tens of billions of ad impressions per month.
Software Engineer – Backend
We are looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our engineering team to help redefine and expand our cutting-edge adblock recovery platform. You will work with the latest tools and technologies as you expand your technical knowledge and contribute to the business’s success. Since we are a small team, your impact will be felt almost immediately.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and are looking to challenge themselves, grow quickly, and make massive contributions to the company’s success.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and implement new features in our header bidding and monetization systems.
- Contribute to reducing latency, improving code efficiency of the back end applications using Golang and GCP.
- Work with containers, low latency real time systems that generate > 100k events per second.
- Participate in code review sessions and work with other engineers to build optimal solutions.
- Improve the tooling and deployment pipelines using best practices and the latest technologies for infrastructure as code.
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of experience in Golang, Python, Java or other high level programming languages in a professional environment.
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms (GCP, AWS).
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Be able to move quickly and resolve blockers autonomously.
Bonus if you have
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem and/or ad tech experience.
- Terraform or other infrastructure technology.
- Experience with low latency real time distributed systems.
- Strong experience with GCP, containerization and virtualization technologies.
- Big Data technology experience.
Why you’ll love working at Blockthrough:
- Close-knit culture with transparent leadership that cares
- Generous salary and stock compensation at a fast-growing startup
- 4 weeks vacation
- Health and dental benefits
- Up to $1k WFH office reimbursement
- Go 100% WFH or work out of our sweet office in downtown Toronto, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest scaleups
Experienced WFH/remote candidates who can work Toronto business hours (9-5 ET) as well as local candidates in Toronto are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to matt AT blockthrough.com