At Blockthrough, our mission is to bring about an Internet where publishers and advertisers can build flourishing, sustainable businesses by delivering advertising experiences that respect the user’s choice.
We work with some of the biggest publishers in the world, we’re backed by some of the brightest minds in the industry, and we’re looking for curious and analytical team players who like to win!
Our product restores publishers’ existing monetization technologies for adblock users, in a way that complies with the lighter Acceptable Ads standard, a happy middle ground for users and publishers. Users also have the ability to opt out if they prefer no ads at all.
Through a complex cloud-based system, we use sophisticated algorithms and real-time analysis to determine which ads qualify for an optimal user experience, all in the time it takes for a website to load. We process vast numbers of requests, processing >20B ad impressions per month.
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to join our Engineering group as a Team Lead, directly managing a small team to help redefine and expand our cutting-edge adblock recovery platform. You will work with the latest tools and technologies as you expand your technical knowledge and contribute to the business’s success. Since we are a small team, your impact will be felt almost immediately.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and are looking to challenge themselves, grow quickly, and make massive contributions to the company’s success.
What you’ll be doing
- Direct a small team of engineers and act as a front-end architect
- Work with our Head of Engineering to execute on the product roadmap
- Design and implement new features in our header bidding and monetization systems.
- Contribute to reducing latency, improving code efficiency of the front end of the application stack.
- Work with modern build tools to streamline development, testing and deployment of front end code.
- Participate in code review sessions and work with other engineers to build optimal solutions.
What You’ll Need
- Experience or aspirations for leading a team of Engineers
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working on front-end applications in a professional environment
- Able to expertly debug web applications using profilers and other tools.
Bonus if you have
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem and/or ad tech experience.
- Familiarity with tag management systems.
- Knowledge of the intricacies of working with different browsers (vendors, versions).
Why you’ll love working at Blockthrough:
- Close-knit culture with transparent leadership that cares
- Generous salary and stock compensation at a fast-growing startup
- 4 weeks vacation
- Health and dental benefits
- Up to $1k WFH office reimbursement
- Go 100% WFH or work out of our sweet office in downtown Toronto, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest scaleups
WFH/Remote candidates as well as local candidates in Toronto are encouraged to apply.
Apply by reaching out to [email protected]