At Blockthrough, our mission is to bring about an Internet where publishers and advertisers can build flourishing, sustainable businesses by delivering advertising experiences that respect the user’s choice.
We work with some of the biggest publishers in the world, we’re backed by some of the brightest minds in the industry, and we’re looking for curious and analytical team players who like to win!
Our product restores publishers’ existing monetization technologies for adblock users, in a way that complies with the lighter Acceptable Ads standard, a happy middle ground for users and publishers. Users also have the ability to opt out if they prefer no ads at all.
We’re looking for an experienced product person to join our team; since you’ll be our first product person, your impact will be felt almost immediately.
About the Role:
You will own our product roadmap and work closely with our leadership team to define and execute on both product enhancements and new product lines that align with the company’s mission and strategic objectives. You are a highly motivated self-starter with an adtech background and experience creating scalable adtech products.
If you’re passionate about creating great products from scratch, love working with other fun, talented people and enjoy working with top-tier engineers, then this role is a great fit for you.
Develop products that help our business scale:
· Design and drive the development of internal and external tools to increase efficiency/scalability of our customer onboarding and account management processes
· Research, refine and document product requirements by collecting feedback from customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
· Work with the engineering team to develop thoughtful product specifications, data flows, and tracking requirements to arrive at the best solutions
· Work with leadership and engineering to set and meet aggressive product deadlines
Influence and drive product direction:
· Construct business cases to support product priorities
· Own product roadmap and prioritization in collaboration with leadership and engineering
· Back up decisions with data and research
· Communicate value propositions and desired outcomes effectively
· Create a framework to analyze the landscape of competitors, as well as potential partnerships and opportunities
· Work with senior leadership to devise and define new product opportunities that drive revenue-positive outcomes for our customers
Experience and skills we are looking for:
· 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of adtech experience, ideally with experience in header bidding and GAM
· Deep understanding of online publishing and the sell side of online display advertising
· Strong domain expertise in one or more areas of header bidding, SSPs, DSP, DMP etc. is a plus
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of software development best practices, digital content management and delivery, ad server technology, analytics platforms and general web development technologies across multiple platforms and device types.
· Leadership and entrepreneurial drive as the first product manager in the organization
· A passion for making systems better and solving hard problems
· Ability to focus on core needs and iterate fast
· Ability to distinguish between edge case and product requirement
· Experience taking products from ideation to launch
Why you’ll love working at Blockthrough:
· Close-knit culture with transparent leadership that cares
· Generous salary and stock compensation at a fast-growing startup
· 4 weeks vacation
· Health and dental benefits
· Up to $1k WFH office reimbursement
· Go 100% WFH or work out of our sweet office in downtown Toronto, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest scaleups
WFH/Remote candidates as well as local candidates in Toronto are encouraged to apply.
Apply by reaching out to [email protected]