At Blockthrough, we believe that publishers and content creators have the right to monetize their content, and their users deserve an outstanding experience. We’re the global leader in adblock monetization, because we help publishers effectively monetize their adblock users in a respectful way.
We work with some of the biggest publishers in the world, we’re backed by some of the brightest minds in the industry, and we’re looking for talented, hard-working people to join us on our mission!
Our product restores publishers’ existing monetization technologies for adblock users, in a way that complies with the lighter Acceptable Ads standard, a happy middle ground for users and publishers. Users also have the ability to opt out if they prefer no ads at all.
Through a complex cloud-based system, we use sophisticated algorithms and real-time analysis to determine which ads qualify for an optimal user experience, all in the time it takes for a website to load. We process vast numbers of requests, monetizing >15B ad impressions per month.
Software Engineer – Frontend
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to join our team to help redefine and expand our cutting-edge adblock recovery platform. You will work with the latest tools and technologies as you expand your technical knowledge and contribute to the business’s success. Since we are a small team, your impact will be felt almost immediately.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and are looking to challenge themselves, grow quickly, and make massive contributions to the company’s success.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and implement new features in our header bidding and monetization systems.
- Contribute to reducing latency, improving code efficiency of the front end of the application stack.
- Work with modern build tools to streamline development, testing and deployment of front end code.
- Participate in code review sessions and work with other engineers to build optimal solutions.
What You’ll Need
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience working on front-end applications in a professional environment
- Experience working with RESTful web services.
- Able to expertly debug web applications using profilers and other tools.
Bonus If You Have
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem and/or ad tech experience.
- Familiarity with tag management systems.
- Knowledge of the intricacies of working with different browsers (vendors, versions).
Benefits & Perks
- Fantastic modern office in OneEleven’s Toronto scale-up hub (massive kitchen, free tea and coffee, ping pong, foosball and Toronto’s most promising fellow startups as neighbours) or the ability to work remotely
- Professional development budget training, conferences, mentorship programs
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Flexibility to work from home and outside standard office hours
- Premium employee health and dental benefit plan
- Generous parental leave benefits
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Get in touch: [email protected]